Tuesday 16 August 2011

India Observes 65th Independence Day (I)...


India Observes 65th Independence Day (I)…
The story starts with quoting the historical remarks on facebook-social network made by the then Prime Minister of England, Winston Churchill in 1940s, against Independence to India. He said, "Power will go to the hands of rascals, rogues, free booters of low caliber, men of straw with sweet tongues and silly hearts. They will fight amongst themselves for caste religion, power and even for no reasons! India will be lost in political squabbles. A day would come when even Air and Water would be taxed in India. Indians are definitely not yet qualified and prepared, to manage their Independence responsibly".
How wonderful and how efficient a fortune teller Churchill was!!!  Let’s introspect… Does Churchill hold good and correct today? Was he correct in his demonstration? Perhaps we Indians, demonstrated ourselves and made him correct. Who is responsible for it??? Who created this type of faulty system? Who is running this system???Most of us will answer “the politicians”. It is a pity that we are part and parcel of this system.  But most of us will not disagree that most of Indians are qualified and intelligent. But the majority of them are not so, who are ruling India. If we look back at post-independent political history of India, It is the fact that they made us always fight for religion, power, money…Could we blame them for this type of nonsense??? My answer is a big “NO”. Because we have a right to vote them to rule us… The next question is what is the “%age” of the voters who cast their votes for a mandate? How many of them are truly educated to judge the pros and cons of a candidate standing in for mandate? How many of the truly educated voters are truly analytical before casting their votes? Many of us who are complaining against do not even go to vote? But “why”???  If we are not getting a perfect candidate let’s cast our ballot blank. We are allowing these politicians to emerge victor directly/indirectly in elections and to commit all the misdeeds, mis-governance, corruption, betrayal … We are not creating the system itself but we are allowing someone to create it for us. We can not only blame the political system of this country for this. We all are corrupt equally. If, by bribing/backing (sifarish), we get our work done, most of us prefer that way. We use every means whenever we have some favor to get.Even if it is not supposed to be done. Yes, if bribing is a part of corruption, we are definitely corrupt. But this type of corruption might be invisible in comparison to the corruption made by the politicians, bureaucrats, officers, professionals etc …Directly/indirectly a common man is forced and helpless to commit to be corrupt. He/she is simply engulfed by the system. A statistics shows that 85% of Indians are less privileged to possess 15% of gross national property while 15% are more privileged to possess 85% of the total Indian property. Money deposited by the later group of Indians in different banks will run the budget of India more than 20-30 years. Why such difference and who produced it? You find out your own answers…  
India has come a long way. We should feel proud whatever we have achieved in last 64 years. If we failed, it was not because of politicians only. It might be you, me and others who are part of a faulty, selfish, uneducated, unaware society. We bribed that’s why they took it. We voted that’s why they looted our national property. Merely observing one hour darkness on the eve of 15th of August will not solve our problem. No “Jan Lokpal Bill” will show the way out there, if we are blind and unaware about happenings around us. We have to become our own “Lokapal”. We are independent so far as sovereignty is concerned but we are slaves of corruption, hypocrisy, exploitation, immorales etc in our social, political, professional and personal life. If politicians are only the solution to above all problems, then let’s increase the education and awareness level of our poor voters who make the way for a blooming politician…Let’s stop the voter whose vote costs not more than two pegs of liquor/100 rupee note. The cost of the vote is decided by the candidates who are fighting elections. Of course we are not creating it but we are voting those who are creating all these nonsense. If we have a right to vote them, shouldn't we get a right to kill them if they produce these rubbishes???
And I am not getting my blood feeling hot by sayings of an old foreigner like Churchill who was ruling us also at the time of making the above statement. Most of Indians will be very hesitant in accepting the "hard truth". And, painfully we have learnt to live with it since years. We got flown away by all of the misdeeds, corruption, exploitation, mis-governance... how many of us truly possess that courage to stand against all odds? How many of us are truly interested to become true and trademark ambassador of honesty, truth, morale etc in our own social and personal life? How many of us are truly daring to become a part of the political system and bring the change forwards? If we can't, none can do it for us. We are independent so far as sovereignty is concerned but we are slaves of corruption, hypocrisy, exploitation, immorales etc in our socio-politico-professional  and personal life. If we are really interested let's prepare ourselves and get ready for all changes needed for a Developed India.  Let’s start  changing ourselves.
Let’s salute all our martyrs who had sacrificed for our nation on this auspicious day. Let’s wipe out every type of corruption in our social and personal life. One India, a Shining India, a Developed India . Let's give a thought to it.
         I am thankful to these Indian Think-tanks (Kalai Vanan,Sugyan Mohanty,Arunesh Kumar, Amanjot Chahal, Amanjot Chahal, Varinder Bamrah, Sumit Garg, Abinash Mohapatra, Trishkova Kataria, : all of these are facebook browsers.) and others who think and dream about One India, Shining India and a Developed India…

3 comments:

  1. its a nice long essay which projects a lot about ur thoughts as an indian. but for once can u tell what have u done on a personal level to make india shine???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lipsaa, you are asking me a very genuine question and I welcome you to discussion. As a health care professional I have contributed my best to my own countrymen. After my MBBS degree, I have worked in most unreached, underserved and backward district of Orissa (eg. Kandhamal). I have provided the poor patients my best and sincere care there. I have never received any bribe to do any undue favor to anybody in my official capacity. I have worked in National Polio Surveillance Project in Uttar Pradesh to make India Polio-free. Currently I am working as a faculty in a Private Medical College in Andhra Pradesh and teaching Community Medicine to MBBS students. I always send them message of becoming a “good and compassionate human being first” rather than doctor. I always teach them professional ethics. In this way I am striving to produce some good doctors. If question of Shining India is there, I am always ready to expand my field of operation. If tomorrow I am given an opportunity to join in active politics, I would not hesitate to accept it… I assure you here that I will not be a liar, corrupt, rascal etc politician. So far as other Indians are concerned I would like to appeal them to make their best and sincere contribution in their respective field to make India shining…
    India Observes 65th Independence Day (I)...I request you to visit this blog and comment regularly. Let’s interact for a better cause…

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am here to testify about a great herbal spell caster called Dr.ezomo who
    helped me cure my HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS . I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX
    VIRUS in 2015, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution,
    so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay.
    So One day I went on line on the Internet to know more clue about the
    Herpes Simplex Virus i came across a review of a lady saying that she got
    her Herpes Simplex Virus cured by A great herbal spell caster Called Dr.
    ezomo. And she also went as far to drop an email address and including Dr.
    Ezomo telephone number and advise anyone to contact Dr. ezomo for any kind
    of help. So i gave a try by contacting him . his email and explain my
    problem to him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me
    instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is
    happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got
    vanished . so if you are also heart broken by any deadly diseases like
    HERPES, HIV, shingles, low sperm count, HPV, Cancer, Hepatitis B, etc this
    great man is extremely the best in which I have seen and applauds and if
    you also need a help in curing any kind of disease, you can also email him
    via: dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or whapps number +2349069171173
    He can also cure so many sickness

    ReplyDelete